Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Wishlist Wednesday: Pretty in Plaid

It's fall, y'all. Let's get cozy this week and love on some plaid:
clockwise from l to r:

1. Adam Lippes x Target Crepe Blouse in Painterly Blue Plaid ($30) -- I'm pretty excited to check out the upcoming Adam Lippes collab at Target (hits stores on September 27). I expect this will not be the shit show that was Lily Pulitzer, and the plaid-themed pieces look cozy and modern. This blouse is a cool take on the traditional plaid pattern and would be perfect with ankle pants or skinny jeans for an easy, pulled together look.

2. Isabel Marant Etoile Red Plaid Wool Rusty Tote ($280) -- love this classic bag shape in a timeless print.

3. Aeropostale Plaid Woven Shirt ($30) -- I'm pretty particular about the fit of a plaid shirt. I like a slim cut shirt that skims the body but still gives you room to move. This one looks like it fits the bill, and I love the touches of blue in the pattern.

4. Keds x Kate Spade New York Triple Decker ($85) -- a great little casual sneaker, and the hot pink color is fun and unexpected.

5. Madewell Tartan Mix Scarf ($44) -- I'm planning on adding a blanket scarf in a cool black watch plaid pattern to my wardrobe. So great against basic black, navy, and camel.

6. Tory Burch Stretch Poplin Skirt ($250) -- endless outfit opportunities with this neutral plaid skirt.

7. Adam Lippes x Target Pointed-Toe Ballet Flats ($30) -- if these are moderately comfortable they are going to become my favorite go-to fall shoe.

2 comments:

  1. I'd be curious to see if that black plaid shirt actually has the slim cut it looks like it has. It's frustrating seeing shirts shaped like that on mannequins just to find out they're pinned up the wazoo and look absolutely nothing like that on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true! I don't have an Aero near me so I haven't seen it in person, the great fit could be a trick of styling/photographing. Online shopping can be so frustrating!

      Delete