Friday, September 4, 2015

Fall Wishlist: Part II

3. Versatile Black & White

No secret, black and white is my favorite color combo and a go-to palette all year long. It's chic, it's flattering, and it goes with everything. I've seen a lot of great graphic black and white pieces this season, so I'm hoping to add one or two to the ever-growing black and white section of my closet.



fwl: b&w

Anthropologie Ika Split Henley -- a great drape-y tunic that you'll wear every season.

Modcloth By Luck or Design Top -- a perfect work blouse that you could easily pair with jeans or leggings on the weekend.

Modcloth What's Avenue With You? Sweater -- I love the shape this sweet, fitted sweater creates. The stripes are just the right width, and the bow adds personality without being too wacky.

Peter Som Reeve Pullover -- cool and cozy.


























For those last lingering days of summer, I'd pair this blouse with a pair of pale blue tweed pants (I bought a very similar pair a few months ago and they are so versatile) for a cool, airy office look. And I'd have some fun with accessories. Pairing black and brown can be tricky, so try using one as an accent -- a stack of wood tone bangles, tortoise flats, and a beige bag are unexpected but interesting.

I don't know why, but I immediately thought this top would be a great option for Thanksgiving dinner -- or maybe a fun Friendsgiving get together. When you add slim (but stretchy) leggings, you have a great outfit with plenty of room for seconds (and thirds). Since you'll be doing plenty of sitting, this is a perfect time to break out your favorite pretty-but-painful shoes. And how amazing is this little belted princess coat? (It's J. Crew -- will be watching for markdowns.)

4. Tailored Blazers

Another year-round favorite, blazers are just made for crisp fall days.
















J. Crew Rhodes Blazer -- this is the updated version of the beloved Schoolboy Blazer, and it looks pretty great in photos. A classic you'll wear for years.

J. Crew Metallic Tweed Blazer -- great shape, cool texture, neutral color palette, with a hint of luxe metallic shimmer. Love.

H&M Fitted Blazer -- you don't necessarily need to take out a mortgage to get great looking blazer. I like the color and shape of this one from H&M.

Forever 21 Single Button Knit Blazer -- this soft, relaxed blazer is perfect for throwing over your weekend look when you need an extra layer.

I get jealous anytime I see my favorite bloggers bust out their Schoolboy Blazers, and I'm developing a serious crush on Rhodes. Let's see it in action...

























This blazer is the perfect way to make your favorite summer shift office ready. With the right bag, shoes, and jewelry you'll have a really easy work uniform for early fall. I also love the idea of dressing a blazer up a bit. A little sequin tank peeking out underneath is fun and flirty but not over the top. Add skinny jeans and cute shoes and you're ready for dinner, drinks, whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment