Saturday, August 1, 2015

Three Ways: Denim Skirt

Well, it's August 1st, so you know what that means: time to think about fall. Bathing suits in March, turtlenecks in August; it's a wonderful cycle, isn't it? Sigh.

I'm working on a fall fashion post, and one of my must-haves for this season is an A-line denim skirt. My favorite so far is this one from Alexa Chung x AG. It feels a little retro, a little pouty Parisian girl...but it's timeless enough to be a good closet workhorse for years to come.

It's way too hot in Florida to break out any of these looks just yet, but here's what I'm dreaming about for fall:




Day-to-Night:



I've always worked in offices where denim was fine all week long, so I love the idea of this skirt for long work days that lead into happy hour drinks, dinner, and more. Black with a few pops of color seems right here. A pretty pussy bow blouse, tights, and a good bag are the base. Sheer red lips, a chunky watch, and some funky gold slides add the personality.


Harvest Festival:



When I lived in New York, I inevitably ended up trekking out to Eastern LI for some kind of fall fun activity: apple picking, corn mazes, pumpkin patches, etc. Basically a chance to enjoy the brisk fall air, eat something delicious, and appreciate the fact that nice farmers grow awesome produce for us. Thanks, farmers!

Literally every other woman there will be dressed in a standard skinny jeans/flannel shirt/puffy vest fall uniform, so why not try to stand out bit? I love this relaxed take on a fisherman's sweater, and these boots are perfect for stomping around in the dirt. I'd add a tote in a rich fall color, a scarf in case it gets a little chilly, and some classic shades.

Sunday Funday:



This skirt is totally perfect for all of your lazy Sunday activities: brunching, flea market-ing, window shopping. A good striped shirt and chunky sandals (love these so much) are perfect for those unseasonably warm fall days. I'd just add a caramel colored cross body bag (do black and brown go together? Yup.) and stacks of rings. Easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment