Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Wednesday Wishlist: A Scoop of Sherbet

Last week I found the cutest summer sneakers ever, and they made me realize how much I'm craving bright, fresh summery shades right now...in particular, icy cool shades of pink and orange (preferably together -- it's my favorite color combo!). Here are a few perfect pieces that are just as refreshing and tasty as a scoop of sherbet...
clockwise from l to r:

Joe Fresh Varsity Pullover Sweater ($35) -- I don't have a Joe Fresh store near me, but I stumbled across this bold, preppy sweater on a rare walk through my local JC Penney (tip: I like to check out the mini Sephora boutiques that are located inside most JCP stores -- I find that when I redeem my VIB points there, they don't always get deducted from my account. Shhh, don't tell anyone!). Apparently JCP carries the Joe Fresh line, and the pink/orange color combo immediately caught my eye. This one is about half the price of a similar sweater that J. Crew Factory carried this spring...the only reason I didn't pull the trigger is that we are FAR from sweater season in Florida. But I'm thinking about it...

Tracy Reese Beaded Striped Shell ($398) -- I'm not sure I'm brave enough to pair this pretty top with the matching skirt (that's a whole lotta look right there), but I love the idea of it with wide leg jeans or bright colored skinny ankle pants.

Giorgio Armani Bright Ribbon Sheer Lipstick ($34) -- Giorgio Armani makes some of the best makeup on the market. The color of this lipstick is so bold, but you just know that it will be sheer and incredibly wearable.

Bar III Hematite Tone Orange and Pink Drop Earrings ($30) I don't know about you, but I'm getting kind of tired of statement necklaces -- these statement earrings would be an interesting way to perk up a simple summer look.

J. Crew 4" Chino Shorts ($45) -- J. Crew does crisp but relaxed shorts better than just about anyone, and they have lots of delicious sherbet-y sweet shades.

Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm, Mischievous ($9) -- I have never worn orange lipstick, but this sheer lip pencil seems like a safe way to give it a try.

Jasper and Jeera Azille Slides ($98) -- I love these simple, sparkly flat sandals. They'd be perfect to throw in your suitcase for your fancy European vacation, or just to dress up your summer basics for a late night ice cream run.

Boden Dip Dye Cashmere Sweater ($104) -- I always get compliments when I wear pink (especially near my face), and these soft pink shades would be flattering on a lot of different skin tones. It also just looks incredibly soft and cozy.

H&M Platform Sandals ($30) -- these are from H&M's Coachella collection, but don't hold that against them. Cute, comfy, practical -- kind of the perfect summer shoe, great for throwing on with your favorite little black or white dress.


No comments:

Post a Comment