Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Wednesday Wishlist: The Bright Stripes

It is no secret I love a good stripe -- I have approximately one million classic striped shirts in all variations of black, white, and navy, and I frequently have to stop by myself from buying more (but this one has slightly thinner stripes! And this one has tiny buttons on the shoulder!).

Right now I'm digging a different stripe-y vibe -- bold, vibrant, and almost obnoxiously bright, these candy colored stripes are a perfect way to go screaming into summer.




























(clockwise from l to r):

J. Crew Pleated Shell with Metallic Stripe ($158) -- I love this light and airy blouse with unexpected foil accents. If you're lucky enough to work in an office where you can get away with a bit of flash, this could be a fun little wardrobe workhorse.

Dash and Albert Rainbow Striped Tote ($65) -- I'm a sucker for a rainbow stripe, and I love a great roomy tote. I'm reminded of Marie Kondo's magic rule about possessions, and this one is a joy sparker for sure!

Diane von Furstenberg Rose Dress ($468) -- DvF does great dresses, and this one is no exception. Sure, it isn't your classic-wrap-dress-investment-piece-that-you'll-wear-forever, but it would be a fun buy if the right sale came along.

Mara Hoffman Romper ($168) -- I loved this gauzy rainbow print fabric in the shirtdress/beach coverup, and it works perfectly in a sweet little romper. If you're a child of the 80s, this should be a great hit of sartorial nostalgia.

Tory Burch Silk Shorts ($250) -- these crazy shorts are actually made of silk -- the knit yarn effect is just a print. Perfect with a crisp white button down and an easy pair of slides.

Boden Holiday Sandals ($68) -- I love these so much I want to order them RIGHT. NOW. Website says out of stock, but I'm hoping that just means they haven't officially come in stock as they seem like a Summer '15 item to me. They are like happy fireworks on your feet -- I have a black romper that I live in all summer and these would be absolutely darling.

Dorothy Perkins Yellow Stripe Floppy Hat ($21) -- I have never been a girl who wears a fabulous floppy hat to the beach, but I aspire to be her. This one looks perfect for keeping the sun off of my face, so maybe I need to give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment