Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Wednesday Wishlist: A Litte More Sparkle

I don't know what happened to earrings. Once upon a time, they were generally found in -- or perhaps dangling from -- the earlobe. Today when I look at earrings, I see all kinds of weird shapes and sizes that are meant to adorn the non-lobe parts of your ear. Where do these strange things go? The curved part...the straight part...maybe inside the ear? Honestly, I have no idea.

This week, I'm looking at some good old-fashioned danglers that add a little more sparkle to your look.

































1. Kenneth Jay Lane Dark Blue Tassel Drop Earrings ($69) -- this cobalt blue is bright but works almost like a neutral. I'd love these with a great little black dress, but they'd also be amazing with shades of green, pink, and gray (and orange, if you're a Mets fan).

2. Oscar de la Renta Starburst Drop Earrings ($250) -- I'm a sucker for a good retro star shape -- these are an investment but you'll wear them forever. I'm pretty sure my grandmother had a light fixture that looked just these.

3. BaubleBar Iridescent Nebula Drops ($32) -- who doesn't love a good sparkly door-knocker earring, right? They're almost too much, so I'd try to dress them down -- jeans and a simple tank would be perfect.

4. Lulu Frost for J. Crew Stone Crystal Disc Earrings ($125) -- my favorite of the bunch. I hope they go on super sale so I can buy a pair for myself and then maybe stash away a few for Christmas presents (because these would seriously look great on everyone!).

5. Forever 21 Filigree Tassel Earrings ($6) -- perfectly on trend, and you really can't beat the price.

6. Forever 21 Rhinestone Spike Earrings ($6) -- I love these because I feel like my mom would have worn the same style in the 80s. She wore hers with shiny fabric and big shoulders, I'll wear mine with a great blazer and boyfriend jeans.

7. BaubleBar Chanterelle Tassel Drop Earrings ($32) -- the mini tassel gives just a hint of flirtiness. They're not too much for the office and just enough for after work dinner and drinks.


No comments:

Post a Comment