Friday, March 13, 2015

Taking a Sick Day

I'll start by saying, I don't get sick a lot (knock on all the wood). But one day this week I woke up and just felt...off. I didn't want to get out of bed and when I finally did, I realized I felt nauseous and dizzy. It ended up being a strange 24-hour bug of some sort, and luckily I was able take (most) of the day off to recover.

When I'm sick, I like to pull on some of my comfiest, coziest clothes -- the perfect pieces to wear for naps and marathons of The Real Housewives of Beverly HIlls (so trashy, but kind of good). Here's what I'd wear to make myself feel a little better when I'm home sick:










































Top Row
: A favorite sweater and a pair of leggings is a perfect sick day outfit. Everything is stretchy enough for lounging, and you are still ready if you need to venture out to walk the dog or pick up some ginger ale. I love this graphic J. Crew intarsia sweater, particularly because I need all black/white everything right now. This cashmere sweater is sweet and cheery -- it never hurts to keep a positive attitude, even if you're feeling crummy. And I really adore this fun stars and stripes crewneck, though the price makes me a different kind of ill.

Middle Row: I don't have too many pajama sets, but I would definitely wear this tank and shorts set. These slippers are perfect for any lazy day. And these classic piped PJs are great to throw on if your BF or BFF is coming over to take care of you. You want to look sweet and helpless but feel just a little pulled together.

Bottom Row: When I'm sick, I tend to swing violently between boiling hot and freezing cold -- a robe is the perfect thing to snuggle into or toss off accordingly. This pink fuzzy sweater will make you feel a bit like a Muppet, in a good way. This delicate robe adds a little glamour, even when you're feeling decidedly unglamorous. And I love this oatmeal belted cardi -- also great to keep at your desk during drafty winter months.




No comments:

Post a Comment