Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Wednesday Wishlist: Perfect Everyday Bags

Confession time: I'm not really much of a handbag girl. Of course, I need to lug my stuff around so I have to have a few good options in my closet, but they're far from the most important part of my wardrobe. I don't need to have a different bag to match every mood, I don't really care about the latest it bag. For my everyday bag, I have a few very specific requirements: it has to be leather (or at least look like it), it has to be roomy but not bulky, and it should be easy to carry (nice long shoulder straps, and maybe a crossbody option).

I don't have a brand preference -- I generally avoid anything with logos and instead try to find bags that convey style and quality while staying kind of anonymous. These bags may share some details with of-the-moment bags (a little quilting here, a tassel there, etc.), but they are definitely not knockoffs. Theory just launched a line of bags and accessories and I love the way they described their aesthetic: "Unbranded is our brand". When it comes to bags, I'm happy to take mine unbranded.

Since my bags get a lot of use, I don't mind spending a little money for something I love. Here are some of my current favorites at around $200:


Wednesday Wishlist 2
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7


1. Madewell Transport Tote ($168) -- A best-seller and blogger favorite. Even though this generally meets all of my perfect bag's qualifications, the Transport Tote didn't really catch my eye until I saw the black/cognac color combo. Boom: love. The price feels a bit high for me, so rather than wait for a deal I think I'll try the next best thing: raiding my mom's closet. My ever-chic mom was way ahead of the trend and picked up an almost identical Cynthia Rowley tote on sale at Marshalls...almost 2 years ago! I'm sure she'll be ready to retire it soon...

2. Vince Camuto Kat Convertible Satchel ($150, on sale) -- I love the shape of this bag. Marc Jacobs made it popular years ago, and for good reason -- you get a roomy bag that tucks neatly under your arm and goes with almost everything. The poppy red color is my favorite.

3. Deux Lux Basketweave Hobo Bag ($129, on sale) -- Deux Lux is one of my favorite brands for stylish and affordable bags. Even at full price they are pretty reasonable, but I often find great deals at TJ Maxx and flash sale sites like Hautelook. This one is clearly influenced by Bottega Veneta, giving it a modern but timeless feel.

4. Isaac Mizrahi Oversized Hobo Bag ($218) -- Just big and slouchy and great. The only issue is making sure you don't overload it and give yourself a hunchback, but this is perfect for the eternal Girl Scout who never likes to leave the house unprepared.

5. Boden Maida Vale Bag ($228) -- The most classic slouchy hobo shape in a really fresh color. Check out the other options, too -- the silver is great if you love a good metallic.

6. Deux Lux Drawstring Bucket Bag ($105) -- I gravitate towards totes and hobos, but a bucket bag is a fantastic and practical style that would be a great addition to my wardrobe. Keep the strap a little short or wear it crossbody to keep it from going too soccer mom.

7. Forever 21 Colorblock Faux Leather Tote ($30) -- If this looks as good in person as it does online, this is a steal! I love the color combo and the overall versatility of this bag. Forever 21 can be very hit or miss when it comes to handbags, but I've got my fingers crossed for this one.




No comments:

Post a Comment