Thursday, February 19, 2015

Three Ways: Black Wrap Dress


One of my favorite purchases this month is a black wrap dress from H&M. I'm obsessed. OBSESSED. 

{Fit Tip: Even the best fitting wrap dresses and v-neck dresses can gape a little when you move. I bring these kinds of dresses to my tailor and have them add a tiny hidden snap or hook & eye closure. right where the fabric meets at the neckline. No one ever knows it's there, and you won't have to spend the day adjusting yourself to keep covered. It costs about $10 and is worth every penny!}





Amazing, right? It is incredibly simple but lovely, flattering, and (I hope) really versatile. I love it as an easy work option -- when you're running late, a classic dress like this can be a lifesaver. But I'm so excited about this dress I want more reasons to wear it, so I decided to play around with some other options:



Dressed Up





When you have a blank canvas like this dress, even the simplest accessories will stand out. It's tempting to load up with lots of jewelry (and let's face it, I probably will at some point), but how about just one bold bracelet and bright earrings?

And don't miss an opportunity to break out some sexy shoes. I am still in love with these Zara beauties and look, they work here perfectly! I think I need to buy these shoes.



Dressed Down





I usually live in jeans on the weekend, but this would be an easy way to change things up and still feel relaxed and comfortable. I'd wear this for brunch with friends or just running around the neighborhood taking care of weekend errands. I love the idea of layering lots of different neutrals -- just add a casual little jacket and scarf and then you have the perfect blank canvas to showcase your current favorite accessories (a sharp tote, fun flats, a great chunky watch).



Client Ready





I can think of a million ways I'll wear this to the office, but these chilly winter temps are making me crave a cozy knit sweater and great boots. Mixing black and brown can be tricky -- I think adding warm gold jewelry helps tie things together nicely. I just bought a similar tank-style watch and I love it, and I have my eye on this zodiac pendant (great on its own or layered).

No comments:

Post a Comment