Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Wednesday Wishlist: Budget Busters

Sometimes it seems that everything I covet has a price tag that looks like this: $$$$$$ This week's Wednesday Wishlist will be a bit of a therapy session where I can try to work out my feelings towards these beautiful budget busters:


1. Boden Dip Dye Cashmere Sweater ($208) -- I'd wear this cozy, dreamy sweater all spring. The watercolor ombre is just gorgeous, like the prettiest Easter egg. It's also a nice alternative to the traditional solid colored cashmere sweater, which we've all seen a million times.

2. Kate Spade Constellation Sweater ($298) Just fun and whimsical and perfect. I'd wear this with jeans and sheer red lipstick on a Saturday for museum hopping or a double feature (except, if I spent $300 on a sweater I'd be wearing it while sitting in my apartment in my underwear eating PB&Js).

3. J. Crew Tippi Candy Stripe Cashmere Sweater ($89, resale) With an original price tag of $238 I guess this is a bargain, but I'm grouchy because even on eBay this sweater seems overpriced. It is adorable but not really all that versatile, so I'd like someone to just sell me one for around 40 bucks...is that too much to ask?

4. DvF Metallic V Neck Blouse ($298) -- I love a great sheer black blouse, and this one is so glam and sparkly. I always like to consider cost per wear for splurge purchases, and this one makes perfect financial sense...as long as I keep it in my closet for about 30 years or so. Seems doable.

5. Tory Burch Gretchen Turtleneck ($175, on sale) -- One of my favorite things about winter is apres-ski. I don't ski -- don't care for snow, don't care for breaking my neck -- but I'll be waiting for you at the lodge, sitting by the fire with with big mugs of cocoa and some tasty snacks. And I'll be wearing this adorable turtleneck and my rosiest cheeks (they're pretty cute -- my nickname in high school was Snow White!).

6. DvF Dolores Dress ($369, on sale) Let me tell you, I would wear the hell out of this dress. This is a shop your closet piece. I mean, imagine showing up at your high school reunion or for your hot date in this chic little Biba-fabulous number. I have no problem spending money on a timeless, well-made piece and this definitely fits the bill...just not in the budget right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment