Saturday, February 21, 2015

Luxe-ish

I may still be pining over the spendy pieces that I just can't afford right now, but I've also come across some great pieces that are fantastic and fantastically affordable. Sometimes you need to fake it until you make it -- it is nice to have some things in your closet that don't remind you that you're a girl on a budget.





1. J. Crew Factory Long-Sleeve Stripe Boatneck Tee ($26, on sale) -- this shirt has been highly touted by some of my favorite bloggers, I'm surprised it hasn't sold out yet. This is a great option for a classic striped tee -- the fit, fabric, and overall feel of this shirt is top notch, like a high end designer version at a fraction of the price. Two notes: first, the color is cryptically listed as "oat navy spring", but the stripes read black to me. Also, the full price of the shirt is almost $50, but J. Crew has been running plenty of sales lately -- I picked mine up in a Factory store for $26 and couldn't be happier, so hold out for a decent discount code!

2. Atterly Road Bladerunner Black Bodycon Dress ($54, on sale) -- you could spend a lot more on a simple but flattering dress like this. Save your money for great shoes or a killer bag to pair it with.

3. H&M Trenchcoat ($70) -- I love the idea of a classic trench, but I'm not sure how often I'd get to wear it. This seems like a great option -- I love the clean lines and sleek silhouette. There are cheaper versions, but unfortunately they often look it.

4. Dorothy Perkins Neutral Check Blanket Scarf ($25) -- Blanket scarves and coats are everywhere this year, probably because it is so damn cold. This cozy scarf is so chic and versatile, and a nice option if you feel like you're seeing the traditional yellow/red/green plaid one on everyone's neck these days (you are).

5. Warehouse Suede Zip Round Crossbody ($63) -- I was surprised by the price of this cute bag -- a real leather purse with classic styling could easily cost two or three times as much. This reddish color is striking but still neutral enough to work with lots of looks.

6. Target Dianne Cap Toe Espadrille ($25) -- I'm sure you've seen these before, they've been heavily featured on other great blogs. They don't work for me (not enough stretch), but I wish they did -- I would take them and myself straight to Italy. How perfect would these be for strolling the windy cobblestone streets of Venice or floating on a boat off the coast of Capri?

7. Target Solid Envelope Clutch ($16.99, on sale) -- I never think about shopping for an evening bag until I need one, and then I'm frustrated with my options: spend an arm and a leg for something I like, or settle for something budget-friendly but cheap looking. This one is shockingly good for the price -- I'm going to pick it up now so I'll be able to shop my closet when I need it.

8. Forever 21 Faux Leather Slides ($13) -- So simple, so chic. I'd buy two pair for this price.



No comments:

Post a Comment