Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Buy This: C. Wonder GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SALE

First came the news that beloved 90's staple Delia's was shutting it's (virtual) doors and today we learn that C. Wonder is shuttering. Both bummed me out (for different reasons), and I'm a bit surprised and kind of sad to see C. Wonder go. A store with an odd and sort of ugly history (Jezebel dubbing it Chris Burch's "revenge emporium" is perfection), it did scratch my itch for things that were a little too bright, a little too preppy, and a little too monogrammed.

Plus, they loved a good dachshund silhouette.

Plus, I got a lot of c Christmas presents there.

Sadly, C. Wonder will be no more in just a few short days. I was happy to pick up a couple of cute items during the 75% off after Christmas sale at my local store:

This basic but perfectly tailored striped tee was an absolute steal at $6:


And I couldn't resist this sweet little trinket box for $4. It will look great on my coffee table or nightstand!


C. Wonder is currently offering 50% off everything online (and discounts at B&M stores are probably steeper). I'm on a self-imposed shopping freeze for the month of January, but here's what I would pick up if I was going to take hit up the sale.

Dachshund Crest Sweater -- $34


I think I could pull this off as ironically preppy, and I'd wear it while running errands on the weekend (and walking my sweet dachshund, Audrey!).


The agony and the ecstasy -- they don't have these in my size. Shopping ban is in tact, but my closet is much poorer for it. These boots look AMAZING -- classic, versatile, ready to walk for miles. Please buy these and live in them for the rest of the winter, OK?


This is kind of a fun twist on a basic nude wedge. I'd love to see these peeking out beneath the hem of some of my tailored work slacks, or adding a little sparkle to my weekend uniform of trouser jeans and a blazer.

Does it get any preppier than this? You'll find a million uses for this slick box -- keeping things tidy on your desk, storing jewelry on your dresser, stashing, um, gadgets on your nightstand (what? It is the perfect shape and I love to hide things in plain sight!).

I've given these as Christmas presents in the past -- you can personalize for each recipient with her initial of course and then fill with Christmas cookies, a pile of her favorite candy, an assortment of yummy tea bags or K-cups, or any other little treat (for my running friends, I filled with Gu and Chomps and other other fuel -- huge hit!). If you're on the ball, you could get a jump on your holiday shopping!


Farewell, C. Wonder! We hardly knew ye, but your wacky patterns and searingly bright colors will live in our hearts and closets for many seasons to come. And soon we shall dry our preppy tears on the mid-priced seersucker goodness that will be Lilly Pulitzer x Target!



No comments:

Post a Comment