Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Wednesday Wishlist: Carry All

This time of year, I seem to be perpetually in need of a giant bag to hold all of the stuff I'm lugging around. In the summer I can get away with a little crossbody bag, but once September hits it seems like I need to tote half of my life around with me, so a roomy shoulder bag becomes a very valuable thing. Happily, there are many good options to choose from. Let's take a look...


clockwise from l to r:

Vanessa Bruno Cabo Embellished Shopper ($253) -- These were everywhere ten years ago and were kind of overplayed in my opinion, but somehow a decade later this tote seems kind of fresh and interesting to me. I like the moody gray fabric offset by a bit of sparkle, like a cloud with a silver lining.

Monsoon Ticking Stripe Shopper ($38) -- crisp, clean, practical.

Target Leather Metallic Tote with Color Block Base ($60) -- Target seems to be introducing some slightly higher end bags to their inventory, including a number of interesting metallic options. I generally find their bags look and feel a bit cheap, but this two-tone tote is quite sharp.

Urban Outfitters BDG Convertible Tote -- I could never bring myself to pull the trigger on a Foley + Corrina City Tote, but I did quite enjoy the look and the cool slouchy shape. I'm digging this black on black inspired-by version from Urban Outfitters (though I may not be able to get over the fact that their parent company continues to be the worst).

Street Level Canvas Tote ($48) -- this bag has a lot to love -- practical shape, smart color combo, great price. A nice option if you're looking for an alternative to Madewell's popular Transport Tote.

Warehouse Leather and Suede Shopper ($69) -- this is about at sexy as a tote bag gets. The most fabulous way to schlep around way too much stuff.

Dogeared Big Canvas Tote ($32) -- a sturdy tote that comes with your choice of cheeky sayings. Since you know I'm going to end up at Chipotle, this one seems particularly practical.

Clare V. Matilde Backpack ($525) -- this a splurge (slightly less so if you can catch it during the Friends and Family sale), but it would be a nice investment piece if you have to tote around a lot during the workday. I have a lot of meetings and client visits and I always have to carry presentation materials, folders, tablets, and my own personal nonsense with me. This bag is chic and elegant and might even give people the impression that I have my shit together.



No comments:

Post a Comment