Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Gift Guide: Secret Santa

I've done quite a bit of shopping, but I'm not done yet. Up next, some gift ideas for those secret santa type gifts that we inevitably need to get. My office does a gift exchange thing during our holiday lunch (which is always entertaining, since my co-workers are really quite different), and one of my girlfriends organized a big holiday dinner for the girls, complete with a white elephant gift swap.


WHO I'M BUYING FOR: co-workers and my group of girlfriends (though I won't necessarily be buying for someone specific)

I'm looking for fun gifts that are whimsical but still a bit useful. The kinds of things that the recipients never knew they needed but are totally excited to get.

WHO YOU'RE SHOPPING FOR: your secret santa...that one person on your list who you don't really know that well...your gift closet (always good to have a spare gift or two, just in case)

Diamond Flask, $20
A little bling to class up her day drinking. I might buy these in bulk and give them out to all of my coworkers, it's been a tough year.



The Taco Cleanse, $18
I mean, who doesn't need this? What a delicious way to kick off the new year! Add in a bottle of tequila if you're looking for a beefier gift.

Sparkle Bark, $28
A winner on name alone, this is like your classic peppermint on steroids. It's pink! And sparkly! There are pop rocks! Picking this up for a couple of people on my list (bonus: I don't like peppermint, so I don't have to worry that I'll eat it all before Christmas).

Sriracha2Go, $7
An ingenious little way to keep everyone's favorite spicy condiment at hand. Most of my friends and coworkers are sriracha-obsessed; some of them literally carry a bottle with them wherever they go, but this seems considerably easier.

Blugo INC Portable Bluetooth Speaker, $36
I can't attest for the quality, but the idea of a teeny little speaker that you can carry anywhere, including on your keychain, is pretty amazing. There are a couple of color options, but I like this pink sparkle version option that is clearly a party in your pocket.

Corkcicle, $12
Every home needs this clever little tool that helps quickly chill wine. Paired with a decent bottle of wine, this will be the white elephant gift everyone is fighting over.


Tarot Cards, $20

A deck of tarot cards is always fun -- aren't we all a bit curious about what the future holds?
Rifle Paper Company Weekly Calendar Mousepad, $12
A really pretty and useful gift, perfect for your cubicle-mate or favorite co-worker. This comes in lots of pretty prints, but I like the chic combo of pale pink and leopard.

Ban.do Passport Cover, $24
I love this cheery pattern, which will make a passport super easy to find in that enormous carry-on everyone seems to travel with these days. A nice gift for a road warrior colleague.

Carry-On Cocktail Kit, $25
Air travel is fairly barbaric these days, but this little kit adds a little Mad Men glamour back into business class. Also super handy for keeping at your desk, because we've all had those days.
Elephant Ring Holder, $10
Is an actual white elephant a little too on the nose? Sometimes I can't resist a bit of sass, but this is actually a great little gift -- a ring holder to add a little personality to her jewelry storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment