Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Gift Guide: Dear Santa...

So my gift shopping is almost done -- I have piles of presents stashed everywhere, waiting for the elves to come and wrap them (that's a thing, right?), so I thought I'd make one more little guide: the perfect gifts for Santa to put under the tree for me. A few are a bit of a stretch but it can't hurt to ask, right?


gg: dear santa



Staub x Goop  Cookware


Well of course Gwyneth would enlist Staub to create this special collection of their cookware -- white enamel with gold knobs, have you ever seen anything so elegant? I am very much in need of a new set of good pots, and these would look amazing in my kitchen.

Gucci Multicolored Striped Dress
I saw this rainbow-striped dress in my local mall (it's pretty fancy) and fell in love. I didn't dare look at the price tag while under the watchful eyes of the stern looking salespeople -- weeping in public isn't fun anyway, it was more pleasant to cry it out at home over my keyboard. Still, I can't help but covet it. Santa, I promise I'll definitely I wear it once a week for the rest of my life...
Frends Layla Headphones
I have always been a cheapie earbud kind of girl, but I admire ladies who have their act together and sport a pair of chic headphones in the airport or on the subway. Frends makes the most fashionable ones, and I love the rose gold and white combo.

MoviePass Subscription
I see this ad on Facebook at least once a week and I'd really love to have a MoviePass subscription. It's kind of like Netflix for movie theaters, and I LOVE watching movies in a big, dark theater (where no one can see how much popcorn I'm shoveling in my face). 
Buxom Dolly's Wild Side Palette
I never would have noticed this Buxom palette (the pink cheetah print is...distracting), but it was a recommendation from the Anthropologie salesperson I befriended on Black Friday (it was so crowded I decided I wasn't waiting in line, but I chatted up a super friendly associate and couldn't help but notice her flawless makeup. Turns out she used to work at Sephora and had SO many great product recs). These cool shades look perfect for my fair-skinned green-eyed self.

Goop x Valentino Minidress
Gwyneth strikes again. Damn you and your $10K tutu. If Santa really is always watching he knows I'll probably spend New Year's Eve curled up on the couch, but this little dress would really be the perfect thing to wear for my pizza and Twilight Zone marathon.

Stella Eau de Parfum
One gift I can count on is a big old bottle of Stella -- it's my signature perfume and I love a new bottle for the new year. I wish they made it in a gallon size, I'd bathe in it if I could.

Anthropologie First Snow Infinity Scarf
This cozy, cheery infinity scarf is so me. I love the rainbow colored yarn, made even better with subtle sheer sequins. 

Fuji Photo Printer
I included this photo printer in my gift guide but I'd really love one for myself. I'm old enough to miss the tactile feeling of real photos, and it's nice to have snapshots that I can stick on my fridge, bulletin board, or desk.

Ban.do Passport Cover

This passport cover was also in my gift guide, and I haven't stopped thinking about it -- that's always a good sign.

Clare V. Tote
This tote isn't really practical, but it's so pretty and fits perfectly with the kind of shimmery/etherial vibe that I am clearly digging right now.

Tamara Mellon Butterfly Lace Shirt
Jennifer Lawrence wore this top on a talk show a few weeks ago and I immediately went into frantic search mode for it. I was hoping this was a case where her stylist wanted her to seem "relatable" by rocking some great Zara top, though I feared that it was some insane Dior number. Turns out it was something in between, but still way out of my price range. I wonder how Santa's elves are at making lace?


Banana Republic Faux Fur Vest
I love the look of a fur vest but I always feel a bit costume-y when I try to wear one myself. This one, with a little less fur and a bit more of a cool knit pattern, seems very wearable.



Finally, what I really want most right now is the opportunity for travel. There are a lot of reasons I haven't been traveling as much in recent years, some of them a bit complicated. Still, I have days that I need to stay away from Facebook completely because I have serious pangs of jealousy when I see others' travel updates (some of my friends are serious globe trotters). Santa, can you help a girl out? I'd love to visit Hawaii...and Ireland, and also Amsterdam. And Acapulco. Also Bali. Morocco, too. And Paris, always Paris.




3 comments:

  1. Totally understand coveting the cast iron cookware. My kryptonite of choice is Le Creuset rather than Staub, but they're both around the same price point. It's totally worth asking for/buying them one piece at a time. I have two now, and they're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, love Le Crueset! I have bought a few pieces at Marshalls and HomeGoods over the years -- they are usually the slightly odd colors and maybe have a chip or two, but they still get the job done!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful gits collection and guide. I have got my desire and affordable gits from this blog. I love your gifts accessories. I think those are really good idea of gits, Your collection are so strong that nobody will ignore it. Thanks for such valuable and informative post.

    ReplyDelete